Monday, August 16, 2010

We are not the napping house...

I have decided that although Nora requires a nap she just doesn't want to give in...I get 30 minutes at the most and then she is standing up in her crib crying...not ready to let her cry it out yet...so, we are not getting a whole lot accomplished here at our house...pajamas have become the favorite wardrobe, I am hoping things get better when the kids head back to school and we can work on more of a schedule.

Nora is def. attaching to me which is wonderful, much better this week compared to when we first got home. She will crawl and follow me around the house and at times say "mama" when she wants to be picked up. Nora still cries out for her foster mother at night which breaks me heart each time she does it, I can only imagine how scary night time must be for her, I am sure that was her time of peace and comfort with her foster mother. Nora falls asleep after her bottle and likes to be right on top of me, which of course feels great when you can finally feel their little bodies relax.

The kids have been wonderful with her since we have gotten home. Owen is very much in love with his little sister and every opportunity he gets he is willing to help me out with a walk in the stoller or entertaining her in the car. I am always amazed at how well they have adjusted to all of this change in their lives. Last night we had dinner around our table and it was so good to have all six of us finally together after waiting so long for Nora to be a part of our lives.

I am going to head out with all four now for school supplies...wish me luck!!
K

1 comment:

  1. Our son wouldn't barely nap at first and it was so frustrating because he was so tired and would be so crabby. After almost 5 months home he takes a 2-3 hour every day! Hope she will nap for you soon!

    ReplyDelete