Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am missing Seoul.






The past couple of days I have been reflecting on our trip to Seoul, perhaps it is because tomorrow will be three weeks since we brought Nora home, it is hard to believe. Our time in Seoul went by so quickly...I was so anxious to return home with Nora, I missed my boys and my family and needed to feel whole again. However, this week I miss the little things, the green tea ice cream that was heavenly on an incredibly hot day, browsing at all the wondeful, beautiful cakes that were truly a work of art...the happy smiling Buddha...and the beautiful brushes hanging in the window of the Name Chop store where we bought Nora's name chop.

Nora had a rough night tonight trying to fall asleep, perhaps she is missing her Seoul too, her Omma and Appa, her special routine that she had before going to bed, the smell of her Omma's hair next to hers, her Appa's smile when he walked through the door...so many things that I will never know for sure. The best I can do is just be there for her...tonight she struggled to relax and close her eyes, she was pushing me away but then would quickly look back to see that I was there for her. She feel asleep after many verses of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star..perhaps she feels the need to feel whole again as well, maybe the sound of my voice helped her to sleep, I hope so. Our daughter will always miss a part of Seoul, no matter how old she gets or where life takes her, she will someday feel the need to go reconnect with that part of her life...I cannot wait to walk beside her...and share a green tea ice cream.

K

1 comment: