Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not sure what day it is... I think it's thursday.

I know, that title is pathetic but it's how I am feeling lately...things are going well, I think. Nora is smiling more and showing us her true personality. Her foster mom told us she has a hot temper and she does...she will certainly let you know when she is not happy! Nora is exploring the house more and more and loves to look out the door and watch the kids outside and the cars go by, she is going to be hard to keep up with when she begins to walk. I have been putting her in her crib to sleep at night and so far we have a pretty good track record, not great but I will take the wins when I can get them.

Tonite we went out for ice cream and on the way home in the car she held my hand with both of her hands the whole way home. I know that might not seem like a huge deal to many but for me it felt amazing, she was so peaceful just sitting there looking at me and holding my hands, I felt like we had a major breakthrough as far as her attaching to me and it felt great! I'm not sure I truly felt like I was her mom until I was able to soothe and comfort her which is what moms do best and we are on that road...so life is good!! I know that Nora was meant to be ours, she is really finding her place in our family and fitting in so perfectly...

Today Emma said to me that she missed Seoul and a part of me does miss being there...the Korean people were so kind to us and to Nora. I hope that we can travel back to Seoul someday as a family so Nora can see where she was born and meet her loving foster parents, that would make this journey feel complete in so many ways.

Here's to a peaceful nights sleep for all of the Kutschers so tomorrow I know what day it is...

K

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy things are going so well. It seems like the "first 2 weeks are the hardest" has been true for our girls. I hope each day gets better and better. I love that Emma wants to go back to Korea already, what a wonderful memory you have given her. So happy for all 6 of you!

    ReplyDelete