Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family.



I remember taking this picture this past Christmas when everyone was gathered at our home to celebrate the holidays...looking back I had no idea that we would be waiting another 7 months before we met Nora, at that point we didn't even know who our baby would be...I am so thankful for my family, for their unconditional love and support of us throughout this adoption process. Nora has joined our family and in so many ways it feels like she has always been here, she was just waiting for the right time to join us. This Christmas she will be part of our family photo, she has already been in my heart since I started this journey close to two years ago..the difference is now I can share her with the most special people in my life, my parents, sisters, nephews and niece...the people that are the fabric of my life and now will forever be a part of Nora's as well.

So many people have said to us how lucky Nora is to be joining our family...I feel that I am the lucky one, I have been given the gift to parent again, to love a child that was placed in my heart by a strong, brave woman who made a difficult decision almost one year ago...Nora will be celebrating her first birthday in one month but I have been given the best gift of all...family.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment