Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am crossing my fingers that we have turned a corner...

Today has been a much better day for Nora and Mom...I think after being up for two straight nights she is realizing that I really am okay, I don't want to jinx myself too much. Nora went to the Dr. yesterday and she has an ear infection which is not helping the transiton but in some ways it has forced us to spend alot of bonding time together. She is eating really well and loving being outside with the kids, as long as she is moving she is a happy girl. As I type she is taking her 2nd nap in her crib which is a HUGE accomplishment, just MAYBE tonight I can sleep in my own bed.

It is so good to be home with our family, I do not regret traveling to get Nora but it was a wonderful feeling to land at JFK. I look at her and wonder what is going on in her heart and mind...she has been through so much in just five days, more than you can put into words. The moment her foster parents walked through the door and into the waiting room at Holt I instantly had tears in my eyes, you could tell how very much they loved Eun-seo and how difficult it would be for them to say goodbye to her. The foster mom placed her in my arms outside Holt and I gave her a hug and tried my best to tell her Thank you in Korean...I'm not sure words were needed, we both knew what was in our hearts and I knew the heartache she must be feeling...I glanced over my shoulder one last time and the social worker from Holt was comforting her as they walked back into the building, I am sure it was a sleepless night for both the foster mom and dad. As wonderful as adoption is it is not without much loss, for everyone involved...I am so very happy to have Nora and feel like we have been given an amazing opportunity in life. I hope Nora will feel our love more and more each day...

K

1 comment:

  1. Trust me when I say - it does get better and they do find their routine, comfort and realize they are at "home". It took us a good week for things to feel somewhat normal again. Every day will get better and better! So glad to see your update!

    ReplyDelete