Monday, August 2, 2010

Note to self...should have packed bandaids.

Hello everyone,
It is monday evening and we just returned from dinner. How is it possible that I forgot to pack bandaids??? We were invited out to dinner tonight by one of Steve's colleagues who lives in Korea. Mr.Cho and his wife were going to join us at a traditional Korean rest.and had arranged for a driver to pick us up at our hotel. We were all looking forward to meeting Mr.Cho and his wife and experiencing an authentic korean bbq dinner with them. Emma was so excited and we were dressed and ready to go out the door...well, that's when the drama began..poor Emma got her toe caught under the door and could not get it out, when she finally freed her toe we thought we were good to go until Steve noticed that her toe was bleeding..well, I looked down and her entire sandal was full of blood...I am not kidding when I say that this cut bled thru two towels and the bathroom was not pretty...we could not find a bandaid anywhere and honestly thought this cut would require a trip to the nearest ER for some glue at least. Steve called Mr.Cho and we had to cancel our dinner, I know that Emma was so disappointed and felt so badly about the fact that we missed our dinner, not to mention that she didn't want to get stitches!! The bleeding finally stopped and b/c we were all dressed up we decided to head out to dinner eventually. We ate dinner in a 1930's restored Hanok, a traditional Korean house..Steve and Emma tried eel, (I passed.) We ended up making the best out of a dramatic evening, Emma is sound asleep, she is getting a horrible cold on top of the toe incident so please say a prayer that she is able to enjoy the rest of this trip. I think we are all feeling a bit homesick now and miss our boys and the quiet of home. It is so strange to think that we haven't even met Nora yet, I am getting anxious to finally see her in person. Tomorrow is our city tour provide to us by the agency, we hope to see two palaces and climb to the top of N. Seoul tower if it is a clear day. The haze finally lifted today in the later part of the afternoon and we saw the mountains in the distance for the first time since we have been in Korea. It is really amazing how this huge city is nestled in the middle of the mountain range. I am going to head to bed soon...this time tomorrow night I will be a nervous wreck!!
Good night from Seoul city,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! Sorry about Emma :(. I hope she feels better soon. I will be thinking about you and Nora tomorrow, and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Emma! :( Poor girl! I am so excited that you will be getting Nora soon! I hope you have time to post!

    Jenn

    PS did you try to text me? I got a "hey" on my phone and didn't know the number but got thinking about it and was wondering if it is you?! lol!

    ReplyDelete