Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gratitude.


So grateful for Emma last night...I was having a rough day, not feeling great and just plain worn out. Nora was not giving into going to sleep last night, not sure what was going on with her but Nora and her crib were just not going to happen. I walked upstairs to get her and Emma was coming out of her room carrying Nora, "it's okay Mom, we are just going to chill in my room for a bit, I got her." At that point I looked at Emma and realized that she really had formed an amazing bond with Nora in just two short months, she was the big sister that I knew she would turn out to be, even if Emma didn't know it herself...

After 45 minutes or so I looked in on them and the lights were off, Nora was trying her hardest to stay awake in Emma's bed but she was losing the battle...Emma looked up at me and said, "it was all me Mom, I got her to fall asleep tonight..."

Yes, it was all you Emma, and that is what I love about you.

K

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, such a great post! What a sweet big sister Nora has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - I don't know what's up with me and crying today but your post brought tears to my eyes! What an incredible girl your Emma is. You must be so incredibly proud that she's your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete