Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"From little acorns grow mighty oaks..."


I have always loved this saying, partly because I can't remember a time when I didn't love acorns..I know, seems kind of strange but for me they have always been a sign of comfort and "home." We have a huge black oak tree in our front yard, it is one of the first things you see when you drive down our street, it towers over our house and I feel that it protects us...of course during every storm I say a little prayer..pls. don't fall on us!! Today I tried to take more pictures of Nora in her hanbok to send to her foster parents, although we did not get the perfect shot (hat was off in 2 seconds and bow untied...) I do love the picture of Nora holding the tiny acorn in her hands..

For me this picture embodies the spirit of this little child, she will no doubt grow into her own mighty oak. I hope she knows how much she is loved and that her strength and courage are gifts that were given to her before she was even ours...little hands but oh so strong.

Happy Fall.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment