Friday, July 16, 2010

VISA PHYSICAL on JULY 21st!!

Normally most people are not thrilled to hear they have to visit the doctor but in this case it means that Nora will be coming home soon!! She has to be seen by an embassy doctor before they can issue her visa, we have waited so long to hear about this appt and it is going to take place this coming wed.!! I am "predicting" that we might be in Seoul by the first or second week of August...almost two years to the date that our initial paperwork was sent to Korea..that is hard to believe.

When we started this process my children were 10, 7 and 5...now our oldest will be going into 8th grade!! (oh, yeah and Steve and I aged as well..) I cannot wait to pack up all the gifts for the foster family, agency staff, tour guides etc. I have not seen the top of my dining room table in months, everything has been out and ready to go, it's time for it to find a new home!!

I am thinking about the day that Nora is placed in my arms and although the setting will different and she will join our family in a different way than Emma, Owen and Declan I know that in my heart it will be just as amazing as when I saw E, O, and D for the first time. I hope I can remember to breathe and take in the moment, it will be a day that I will never forget.

Someone told me at the very beginning that adoption was not for the faint at heart...and she was right. This has been a long road but in the end I would wait every minute we had to wait to see that sweet face...

thank goodness for good news before the wknd...

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment