Friday, July 30, 2010

Hello from Korea!

Yes, we arrived safe and sound last night at 7pm. Our flight was delayed a bit out of JFK due to traffic in the sky so we arrived a bit later than expected. The flight went well, there is no denying that the plane ride is LONG..we were able to get three seats together so that was a bonus. Emma watched alot of movies and Steve slept, he was lucky...I did not sleep longer than an hour at the most.

Holt provided a taxi driver to meet us at the airport, he was not the man in the picture that WHFC provided but he was holdinga sign with our name on it so we figured it was the right man! Our drive to our hotel took about an hour, by the time we got into our room I think I was incoherent...Emma fell asleep right away and I called home and within the next 20minutes was sound asleep...until about 3am and then all of us were wide awake and hungry.

It is 7:30am now and we are going to head out to breakfast, cloudy and overcast but hot. Seoul is a bit of a sensory overload, lot of flashing lights, people, traffic. I know that Nora is only about 40 minutes away from us right now. I had tears in my eyes when we landed in the country of her birth, I can only imagine what my feelings will be on friday when we leave Korea.

The Korean people have been so kind...and it is only the beginning.

This post is a little scattered and probably has alot of typo's, still not sure what day it is but I just wanted everyone to know that we made it to Korea and we are so happy to be here
Owen and Declan...we MISS YOU!!!! Hope you are having a blast with your cousins.

Love to all at home
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. You guys made it! YAY! Hope flight went well; can't wait to see you post more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile and cry at the same time. I can't believe you are finally there!!! John will be there in a few hours. :) I am sending him to Insadong tomorrow, so if you see a very confused guy wandering the streets, that's him! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Thank you for updating! I told you I would be stalking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, we all just read your blog.....it is Saturday at 8:00 am on the vineyard....Mom, Joannie and the boys arrived yesterday....all is good. A beautiful beach day here.......We miss you.....call us or write to us....can we skype you? Owen and Declan miss you and love you and think you are the best Mom ever oh and Declan called me "Mrs O'Connor" yesterday..........our love...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your flight went well and that you landed safely in Seoul. I had tears in my eyes reading your entry because I can just imagine the many emotions you and your family are feeling right now. Have fun siteseeing and soaking in the culture and can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update your blog.....from all of us on MV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a great trip - I think of you often and hope everything is all you dreamed it would be!! It's going to be a wonderful week for you - can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete