Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Packed...and ready.

We are ready for our commute into JFK tomorrow morning! Our flight takes off at 2pm and we land in Seoul on friday at 5:20pm.
It is difficult to find the right words tonight to express how I am feeling..we are all excited to begin this new part of our lives and beyond grateful for the support and encouragment that so many of you have given us. It is amazing to me how many people are waiting to meet this new little one...I cannot wait to share her with you. I am so proud of my children and how bravely they have faced this adventure in our lives...they did not ask for a baby sister, they never imagined that at 13, 10, and 8 that they would have to share their Mom and Dad's love with yet another sibling.

I am so proud to be their mom, they have taught me to live in the moment on many days when I was consumed with the what and if's and when's of adoption...they have reinforced the simple fact that a mothers heart has the capacity to grow and regenerate, that love happens in the moment they look into your eyes...and that love never ends.

We are so blessed to be on this journey, looking back the timing was perfect and it is all going to be okay...I know for sure that being a mom is what I was meant to do in my life...my husband is walking this road as bravely and calmly as he did that first time 13 years ago...he is going to be a wonderful Dad to Nora, she just doesn't know it yet.

I am off to bed...I am going to close my eyes on take off and feel all of your love, support and prayers,

I will touch base in Seoul,
xo
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be an amazing experience for all of you. I am so happy that Nora Eun-seo has found her way into your family. Perfect timing is right! It is funny how everything seems to fall into place just like it is supposed to. So happy for you as you finish this part of your journey, and start the next chapter as a family of 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and have really enjoyed following your journey to your daughter. We are also adopting a baby girl from Korea and are currently waiting for our referral. I think it is amazing to know how many people... people that I have never met... are supporting our family. Please know I am one of those strangers that is supporting yours as well. God is good! You will be in my prayers this week as you travel to bring your angel home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited and happy for you as you set off on your journey to bring Nora Eun home. Have an amazing time in Seoul and try to take a moment to appreciate the city and your emotions. I remember taking the time in a coffee house to gather my thoughts and to this day I can transport myself back to that point!! Cant wait to hear your updates. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, you have such a great attitude and are going to be the perfect mom for Nora! You have an abundance of patience and wisdom, and in the short time I've known you, you've helped me immensely. I can only imagine how great you'll be for a lifetime w/Nora and the rest of your family.

    Enjoy the trip! I'll be following online.

    ReplyDelete