Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Still Waiting...but ready!

We have waited close to two years to bring this little girl home...I have started this blog as a way for friends and family to follow our journey to Nora while we are in Korea. We have a feeling that we are getting closer to our travel call and as we do I have such mixed emotions. I am beyond excited and ready to be a mom again however I am thinking tonight of Nora's foster mom and the feelings that she must be experiencing right now as she prepares herself to say goodbye to a baby that she has loved and cherished for more than 9 months...my thoughts of Nora always involve her birth mom and her foster mother...two women who selfishly gave Nora the gift of life and the gifts of love.

Although I will never have the opportunity to meet Nora's birthmother I will have the fortunate and heartbreaking chance to meet her foster mother in Seoul. My hope has always been that I can convey to her foster Mom how very grateful we are for her presence in our daughters life. Nora will always know the story of her life, I will make sure that she knows how much these woman loved her.

I am also thinking of Nora and how much we are gaining with our journey to bring her home and how much she is losing...everything that has ever been of comfort to her will be lost...her foster mom's touch, smell, food, surroundings, culture..etc. it is almost too much to fathom right now. We will be so incredibly happy to finally hold her, however Nora might not be as excited to be held by us. So, we ask for your patience and understanding as we try to settle in as a family and do what is right for Nora, and we hope we will know what that will be.

Thank you all for sharing in our adoption, we will post when we are in Korea so that all of you can follow along with us.

I truly have waited my entire life for this moment.

Please pray for us and for Nora and her foster family as we travel to bring her home.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment