Sunday, May 15, 2011

Home 9 months.



Nora has been with us over 9 months now and I think we are finally starting to see who this child truly is...a wise woman once told me that when she is with us longer than she was with her foster family is when it will TRULY begin to feel real...I think of Nora's foster family all the time and how much they gave to her in 10 months and it always brings me back to that moment when we met them and had to walk away with Nora in our arms. Nora has so many facets to her start in life, her birth mom, her foster family and now her forever family...it is overwhelming to think of the day when she is going to ask the tough questions, I hope I will do my best to honor them all.

I know in my heart that when Nora kisses me now that they are true genuine kisses and when she has her tough moments and takes it out on me it's because somewhere inside that little heart she is missing someone or something..and a part of her always will. I love when she calls for me, "momma" I love when those little fingers wrap around mine when I kiss her goodnight, I am hopeful that everyday we are turning a brighter corner with our attachment.

I came across this quote about adoption and I think it is the most meaningful one I have ever read...it is exactly how I feel, now and forever.

"She is mine in a way that she will never be hers, yet she is hers in a way that she will never be mine, and so together, we are motherhood." Desha Wood.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and Beautiful photo!!! Seriously great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 months home sweet Nora! I LOVE this photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora is gorgeous! I was so pleased to read about your story. It has been the coolest experience going back go Korea--I can't recommend it enough! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete