Monday, November 15, 2010

I can hear the bells...


Today Emma auditioned for her school's spring musical, "Hairspray." The musicals in middle school are a big deal here...there is alot of history of some pretty amazing shows, set designs, costumes, and just really talented kids...Emma is in 8th grade and would probably turn purple if she ever read this..but I was so proud of her today. Emma sang "I Can Hear the Bells" a song from the show and it was not an easy song...I promised her I would not sit in the auditorium like a stage mom and hover but I couldn't help myself, I actually ended up standing outside the door and peaking in after she gave me one too many dirty looks...and I had Nora who was loving the sound of her own voice.!!

I know how nerve wracking it can be to audition and at 13 it is even harder but I was so amazed at how supportive all of her friends were, cheering and clapping for everyone, even kids they probably didn't know that well...and that is what I love about theater, it is just a great bunch of kids supporting one another...I hope that she lands a part, doesn't matter what role, just to be involved with something that gives her self confidence and a chance to form lasting friendships.

Watching Emma audition brought back so many memoriesof when I used to do musical theater and I realized how much I missed it when I was crossing my fingers for her and mouthing the words to the song, she sounded like an angel to me singing on that stage..so sweet and innocent...and just so Emma...Good for you Emma, no matter what, you won today.

I am so proud of you.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment